Citrus is one of winter’s greatest gifts. As my backyard bursts with fresh lemons and oranges, I thought to myself, why not make a body scrub? This scrub is pore purifying yet deeply hydrating as it contains coconut oil. It feels like a luxury scrub and smells heavenly, yet only requires a few simple ingredients.
All You Need
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. coconut oil
- Combine sugar and coconut oil in a bowl. Mix well (I used my fingers)
- Zest entire lemon and add to sugar and coconut oil.
- Slice the same lemon and squeeze 1 half over the bowl of sugar and coconut oil. Save or discard the other lemon half. (I used it for lemon water, which you can read more about here)
- Zest the orange until you get about 2 tbsp. zest.
- Mix ingredients well. Ready for use!
Have you ever made your own body scrub? Share your experience in the comments below!