If you’re like me, there are a number of things your childhood would simply be incomplete without; and, I’ll be the first to admit that this list includes Lucky Charms cereal and Rice Crispy Treats. Does anyone else remember eating Rice Crispy Treats after a Saturday afternoon soccer game? I dare you to name a better way to reward a Pee Wee soccer team called “The Mini Oreos.”
Appeal to your inner kid this St. Patricks’ Day with these “lucky” treats. The sugary cereal, combined with salty butter and gooey marshmallows render this signature bite an undeniable classic.
1 stick salted butter
8 cups mini marshmallows (about 13-14 ounces)
10 cups Lucky Charms cereal (about 11 ounces)
1. Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray. You can use any shape pan and it doesn’t really matter how deep the dish is. Grab one at least 9×13 inches.
2. Over medium-low heat, melt butter and marshmallows until creamy. About 5 or so minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low, and gently fold in cereal. Mix until combined.
4. Once thoroughly mixed, place inside your non-stick pan.
5. Allow to cool and firm up before serving; about 30 minutes.
How easy was that? What are you doing this St. Patrick’s Day? Share in the comment section below!